Online Booking at Helsey House Cottages
Newsletter - May 2017
We have said goodbye to our winter lets and our Easter guests and we have been busy getting ready for a busy season ahead. Over the winter period we have been tidying the courtyard garden and have carried out any repairs and repainting required.
The access pathway to the pergola has been resurfaced which should make life easier for our guests who use wheelchairs or pushchairs. Returning guests will notice that we have put up a very large shed. It is intended that the pool table will be housed inside this and, if there is room, the table tennis table. We still have quite a bit of work to do to the shed before we can house the tables. Guests will also find balls, bats, and lots of other games and things to do inside here.
We are extremely busy cutting grass and tidying up outside. We shall shortly be cleaning the pool and getting it ready so that our guests can enjoy it, weather permitting. If the sun continues to shine the pool gets really warm with the air source heat pump. Even I swim in it, so it has to be warm.
Thanks to the McLachlans we now have a 'wishing tree' in the paddock. When you stay with us you will find ribbons in each cottage. Please tie your ribbon on to the wishing tree and make a wish. Who knows, it may well come true!
We shall look forward to welcoming old and new guests to our cottages again this year.
What People say about our Helsey House Self-Catering Holiday Accommodation.
Thank you to our visitors who take the time to leave their comments in the guest book within each cottage. Here are some examples of what our guests have said about their time at Helsey House Cottages.
Hi Elizabeth and Mark,
Well, what can we say? A fantastic holiday for us and our twin boys Dylan and Taj (to the point where they do not want to go home!). We always struggled with holidays in the past, more so finding ones that held an appropriate safe environment for our boys who are on the Autistic spectrum. There was tons for us to do here and even if we wanted to relax the paddock was bags of fun for the kids.
We have had lots of wonderful moments with our kids. Dylan overcame his fear of dogs with Cassie, Jamie loved playing football with Wayne and Adam and I loved chilling whilst they were all busy.
Wishing you all the best, you truly are a wonderful and welcoming family and we really felt at home here. I’m sure we will be visiting again next year!
....... From Miral, Jamie, Dylan and Taj. (London 23rd to 30th July 2010)
Holiday was very good, very autistic friendly. Your family are very kind and welcoming. Lots to do. Love the pool. The cottage is very clean and well equipped. We would like to visit again. Really enjoyed our holiday, from Rachel, Kayleigh and Keighley July 2014
First time stayed here and won't be the last. Thank you for the fantastic welcome, lovely cottages and well planned garden with pool, trampolines etc. Toby has been so chilled out and relaxed. Best wishes and see you next year. Love from Keith, Toby and Oliver [North East Autism Society] August 2014
It's just like coming home when we visit The Dairy. Third time this year and we are already looking forward to our visits next year. Many thanks to you all for enhancing our lives in this way - we really need our holidays with you. Love Annette, Alan and Mark October 2014
What a fantastic welcome coming in the Cow Shed. The cottage had everything we needed, many thanks for the flowers and wine. I came away with work and the service user from North East Autism Society and would come again with my own family. Thanks S. Battista October 2014
We had a terrific week! Great place to stay, slept like logs every night. Lovely beaches (good ale in the Red Lion and the Axe and Cleaver - yes, what a name for a pub!!). Zac was totally relaxed and enjoyed the trampoline and bouncy castle. Olly will mis Henster, Cluck, Squawk and Mr Scratch (he named them!). Keep producing those damn fine eggs! Hope to return next year. See you soon! Tim, Susie, Zac and Olly xxx April 2015
Access Statement For Helsey House Holiday Accommodation
Good Access Guide:
- Our website at www.helseycottages.co.uk will give you more details of our cottages.
- Brochures are available on request.
- Bookings can be made by email, post, online or by phone.
- The nearest bus stop is at the top of Helsey Lane on the main A52 Skegness to Mablethorpe Road, approximately 100 yards from our home. However, in order to enjoy your stay with us and visit the many local attractions we would really consider a car essential.
- The nearest train station is in Skegness [approximately 15 miles]
- We can arrange for groceries to be available on arrival [please telephone to discuss your requirements].
- We have a self-propelled wheelchair, a shower wheelchair/commode and an Oxford 150 mobile hoist available for guests’ use.
- We also have bed risers and a toilet seat riser available for guests’ use.
- We can arrange for delivery of a mobility scooter/wheelchair for your arrival by prior arrangement.
Arrival & Car Parking Facilities
- There is ample parking on the driveway.
- Guests can park a short distance from the cottage entrance.
- There are no steps and the ground is flat and even.
- Doorways are 112 cm wide. Keyhole height is 114cm
- You will be welcomed upon arrival and shown round.
- The entrance to the cottages are located in the private courtyard garden.
- There are no steps into either cottage. The doorways are 112 cm [3ft 8inches] wide, inward opening and lead into an entrance lobby from which the open plan living room, bedrooms and bathrooms are accessed.
- Smoke alarms are located in the entrance lobby and double bedrooms.
- There is a separate laundry room with a washer, sink with hot and cold water, tumble dryer [which takes £1 coins] and an iron and ironing board. There is also a rotary washing line with pegs for guests' use. Please do not dry your clothes on the radiators in the cottage as this causes condensation.
- Each cottage has laminated flooring for ease of mobility and are on one level.
- The bedrooms have fitted carpets for the comfort of our guests.
- Each cottage is fitted with a smoke alarm in the main open plan living area.
- Each cottage has a twin bedded room and a double bedded room.
- Non-feather duvets and pillows provided.
- All bed linens and towels provided, except beach towels.
- Bedside lights.
- Full sized bunks are available on request.
- A cot and high chair are available on request.
- Beds are movable if required to allow more access space.
- Double bed height from floor to top of mattress is 56cm.
- Single bed height from floor to top of mattress is 45cm
Bathroom, Shower-room & WC
- The Dairy has a large bathroom with a bath and a separate wheelchair access shower. There is a grab rail in the shower. There is ample open floor space.
- There is a grab rail by the toilet in the Dairy. Toilet height is 43cm.
- A shower wheelchair/commode is available for guests' use.
- The Cow Shed has a shower over the bath.
- Bath height is 53cm . Integral bath rails on each side.
- The flooring is tiled.
- Release mechanism on outside of locked door.
- Each cottage has a fully fitted kitchen area located in the open plan living area.
- Cooking is by electricity. Microwave, coffee maker, toaster, fridge freezer.
- Worktop height 90cm.
- Oven door is drop down, oven shelves removable, can be accessed from the side.
- Sink is 90cm high with cupboards underneath.
- Flooring is laminate.
- Evenly lit kitchen area with spot lights in ceiling.
Grounds and Gardens
- Small south facing private courtyard garden for guests' exclusive use with seating and barbeque area.
- A large grassed paddock with a selection of children’s toys, outdoor games, swings, climbing frame, trampoline, large metal frame pool and area to play football, cricket etc.
- Wheelchair/pushchair accessible path into the paddock and to pergola.
- The cottages are centrally heated throughout.
- All linens and towels are provided but please bring beach towels.
- Laundry room for guests' use.
- Free wi-fi available.
- Pets are welcome, please advise on booking. We make a small charge of £10 per pet per week or part of week.
- We have our own free range chickens with fresh eggs available to purchase.
- We have home made jams and honey available to purchase.
- We are a no smoking establishment.
- Information on local restaurants, facilities, visitor attractions and much more are located within each cottage.
- We always try and do our best to accommodate our guests' requirements so please talk to us about your specific concerns or needs.
- Address: Helsey House Cottages, Helsey, near Hogsthorpe, Skegness, Lincolnshire PE24 5PE
- Telephone: 01754 872927
- Fax: 01754 872927
- Website: www.helseycottages.co.uk
- Hours of operation: Open all year.
- Emergency number: 07740909765
- Equipment hire companies:
- Tripmobility, www.tripmobility.com or tel: 01977 618043;
- Gregory's Mobility, High Street, Sutton-on-Sea, Lincolnshire 01507 441122;
- Seacroft Mobility, 28 Roman Bank, Skegness Lincolnshire 01754 762916
Local public transport numbers:
- Train enquiries: 09065 500 000 or www.thetrainline.com
- Buses: InterConnect 0845 234 3344 or www.lincsinterconnect.com
- Local accessible taxi numbers: Nelly’s – 07727914483, Andy - 07815038682
We welcome your feedback to help us continuously improve if you have any comments please phone 01 754 872 927
Copyright: Helsey House Holiday Accommodation
Copyright © 2007 - 2017 Bowhunter Websites incorporating Community Lincs (Websites). All rights reserved. All code and information on these pages is owned by Bowhunter Websites. No part may be used for display, copy or reproduction without the express written permission of Bowhunter Websites.
Text, images and all materials in this website, www.helseycottages.co.uk, are protected by UK and international copyright and/or trademark law and may not be reproduced in any form except for non-commercial private viewing or with prior written consent from the publisher, with the exception that permission is hereby granted for the use of this material in the form of brief passages in reviews when the source of the quotations is acknowledged.
Disclaimer: The publishers have checked the information in the website but its accuracy is not guaranteed. Visitors are advised that opening times and prices should always be checked before making a journey.
Links: Owners and managers of other websites are hereby given permission to link to the Helsey Cottages homepage (http://www.helseycottages.co.uk/index.php). Written permission must be obtained before linking to other pages of this website. Viewing the website signifies acceptance of this condition.
Technical Problems: Experiencing problems with the web site? Then please send us a message with a description of the problem or the page the error occurred and the error message you were given. Thank you.
We at Helsey House Holiday Cottages, recognise that our customers and contacts are concerned about the manner in which information is collected and stored on the internet.
The information you give (name, address, telephone numbers, email addresses, etc) will be treated confidentially in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998 and will not be made available to third parties.
Helsey Cottages are committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
Helsey Cottages may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes.
What Helsey House Holiday Cottages collect:
We may collect the following information:
•name and job title
• contact information including email address
• demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests
• other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
What we do with the information we gather?
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
•Internal record keeping.
• We may use the information to improve our products and services.
• We may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
• From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail. We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests.
Helsey House Holiday Cottages are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer's hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about webpage traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Links to other websites
The Helsey House Holiday Cottages website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
•whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purpose
• if you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or send us a message.
Helsey House Holiday Cottages will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. A small fee will be payable. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to us.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
About Us at Helsey House Cottages
Hello, we are Mark and Elizabeth Elvidge and we have two sons, Wayne and Adam. Adam, 20, still lives with us but Wayne is now 22 and has left home. He lives in Licncolnshire in supported living and is now very independent.
We moved to Helsey House in April 2004 and began the conversion of the cattle stalls into two holiday cottages in January 2005.
We wanted to offer quality and value for money to families who wished to have a relaxing and enjoyable holiday on the lovely Lincolnshire coast. We believe we have created two cottages furnished to the highest standard whilst maintaining the original features and character of the buildings.
Our sons are on the autistic spectrum and we have experienced interesting and challenging holidays in the past as a family. These experiences prompted us to set up our own holiday cottages within the private grounds of our home as we understand the stresses of planning a family holiday with children but especially those with special needs. Because of this, we will always try to do whatever you need to make your stay with us as relaxed and stress free as possible so if you have any special requirements please do ring us for a chat.
We look forward to people visiting our cottages and hope that those staying with us feel relaxed and very welcome. We have already welcomed back many of our guests for another holiday and have been touched by the kind comments people leave in the Guest Book. Our boys are older now and Wayne has left home, so we look forward to meeting new families and making new friends. We especially welcome families with special needs. So far we have made friends with families with ADHD, autistic spectrum disorders and Asperger Syndrome, Angelman Syndrome, Learning Difficulties and those with sight and hearing impairment to name but a few!
We also welcome less mobile guests. Our cottages are all on one level with no steps or stairs. The doors are wide enough for wheelchair access and we have a wheelchair friendly shower in The Dairy. We have been rated under the National Accessible Scheme with Mobility Level 1. We can now provide carer support for those needing that little extra help whilst on holiday.
As we appreciate how important your family pet is, we are more than happy for you to bring your dog [or cat!] with you. Well behaved pets can stay with us but we do make a small charge.
We are very proud to have won awards for our cottages in 2007, 2008, 201 and 2015. Everyone is welcome at Helsey House Cottages and we hope to make your stay a ‘home from home’ experience.
We shall look forward to meeting you soon