Access Statement For Helsey House Holiday Accommodation
Good Access Guide:
- Our website at www.helseycottages.co.uk will give you more details of our cottages.
- Brochures are available on request.
- Bookings can be made by email, post, online or by phone.
- The nearest bus stop is at the top of Helsey Lane on the main A52 Skegness to Mablethorpe Road, approximately 100 yards from our home. However, in order to enjoy your stay with us and visit the many local attractions we would really consider a car essential.
- The nearest train station is in Skegness [approximately 15 miles]
- We can arrange for groceries to be available on arrival [please telephone to discuss your requirements].
- We have a self-propelled wheelchair, a shower wheelchair/commode and an Oxford 150 mobile hoist available for guests’ use.
- We also have bed risers and a toilet seat riser available for guests’ use.
- We can arrange for delivery of a mobility scooter/wheelchair for your arrival by prior arrangement.
Arrival & Car Parking Facilities
- There is ample parking on the driveway.
- Guests can park a short distance from the cottage entrance.
- There are no steps and the ground is flat and even.
- Doorways are 112 cm wide. Keyhole height is 114cm
- You will be welcomed upon arrival and shown round.
- The entrance to the cottages are located in the private courtyard garden.
- There are no steps into either cottage. The doorways are 112 cm [3ft 8inches] wide, inward opening and lead into an entrance lobby from which the open plan living room, bedrooms and bathrooms are accessed.
- Smoke alarms are located in the entrance lobby and double bedrooms.
- There is a separate laundry room with a washer, sink with hot and cold water, tumble dryer [which takes £1 coins] and an iron and ironing board. There is also a rotary washing line with pegs for guests' use. Please do not dry your clothes on the radiators in the cottage as this causes condensation.
- Each cottage has laminated flooring for ease of mobility and are on one level.
- The bedrooms have fitted carpets for the comfort of our guests.
- Each cottage is fitted with a smoke alarm in the main open plan living area.
- Each cottage has a twin bedded room and a double bedded room.
- Non-feather duvets and pillows provided.
- All bed linens and towels provided, except beach towels.
- Bedside lights.
- Full sized bunks are available on request.
- A cot and high chair are available on request.
- Beds are movable if required to allow more access space.
- Double bed height from floor to top of mattress is 56cm.
- Single bed height from floor to top of mattress is 45cm
Bathroom, Shower-room & WC
- The Dairy has a large bathroom with a bath and a separate wheelchair access shower. There is a grab rail in the shower. There is ample open floor space.
- There is a grab rail by the toilet in the Dairy. Toilet height is 43cm.
- A shower wheelchair/commode is available for guests' use.
- The Cow Shed has a shower over the bath.
- Bath height is 53cm . Integral bath rails on each side.
- The flooring is tiled.
- Release mechanism on outside of locked door.
- Each cottage has a fully fitted kitchen area located in the open plan living area.
- Cooking is by electricity. Microwave, coffee maker, toaster, fridge freezer.
- Worktop height 90cm.
- Oven door is drop down, oven shelves removable, can be accessed from the side.
- Sink is 90cm high with cupboards underneath.
- Flooring is laminate.
- Evenly lit kitchen area with spot lights in ceiling.
Grounds and Gardens
- Small south facing private courtyard garden for guests' exclusive use with seating and barbeque area.
- A large grassed paddock with a selection of children’s toys, outdoor games, swings, climbing frame, trampoline, large metal frame pool and area to play football, cricket etc.
- Wheelchair/pushchair accessible path into the paddock and to pergola.
- The cottages are centrally heated throughout.
- All linens and towels are provided but please bring beach towels.
- Laundry room for guests' use.
- Free wi-fi available.
- Pets are welcome, please advise on booking. We make a small charge of £10 per pet per week or part of week.
- We have our own free range chickens with fresh eggs available to purchase.
- We have home made jams and honey available to purchase.
- We are a no smoking establishment.
- Information on local restaurants, facilities, visitor attractions and much more are located within each cottage.
- We always try and do our best to accommodate our guests' requirements so please talk to us about your specific concerns or needs.
- Address: Helsey House Cottages, Helsey, near Hogsthorpe, Skegness, Lincolnshire PE24 5PE
- Telephone: 01754 872927
- Fax: 01754 872927
- Website: www.helseycottages.co.uk
- Hours of operation: Open all year.
- Emergency number: 07740909765
- Equipment hire companies:
- Tripmobility, www.tripmobility.com or tel: 01977 618043;
- Gregory's Mobility, High Street, Sutton-on-Sea, Lincolnshire 01507 441122;
- Seacroft Mobility, 28 Roman Bank, Skegness Lincolnshire 01754 762916
Local public transport numbers:
- Train enquiries: 09065 500 000 or www.thetrainline.com
- Buses: InterConnect 0845 234 3344 or www.lincsinterconnect.com
- Local accessible taxi numbers: Nelly’s – 07727914483, Andy - 07815038682
We welcome your feedback to help us continuously improve if you have any comments please phone 01 754 872 927